Jul, 20 – Jul, 24
1. Tuesday Jun, 30 # 12:00 – 15:00 EEST (11:00 – 14:00 CEST) General meeting
2. Thursday Jul, 02 # 17:00 – 20:00 EEST (16:00 – 19:00 CEST) General meeting
3. Ad hoc meetings for projects
On Thursday Jul, 23 15:00 (EEST) / 14:00 (CEST) we will have a discussion online with a distinguished graduate, mrs.Valbona Cucuri.
For this week we read and discuss:
Dominic DiFranzo D., Gloria-Garcia K. (2017) Filter bubbles and fake news. XRDS: Crossroads, The ACM Magazine for Students, Vol.23, No.3
Observer Pattern implemented: https://github.com/soc-2020/design-patterns
Implementing the Decorator pattern
and looking at compound patterns and the Model-View-Controller Architecture.
Robotics and Automation:
Experimenting with environment sensors.
Keep working with Self-driving rides challenge.
A Java solution and a Python solution are ongoing.
Tutorials will repeat again on:
Git and GitHub
JS version here: https://github.com/soc-2020/hangman-js
b. We will do some experiments on “Trello Clone” (Full Stack Web Application and Mobile version in the future)
c. Building a simple Windows Forms app with C++.
d. Started a Todo List with Laravel. Will continue during this week. https://github.com/soc-2020/laratodo
Ongoing: A number of students started attending the following Coursera specializations:
1. Python for Everybody (taught by the amazing Charles Severance, a.k.a Dr.Chuck)
2. Applied Data Science with Python
They are both excellent and highly recommended.